I’m still knitting Lizard Ridge squares so for variety I came across this meme which is a little bit more quirky than usual – if you join in please leave a comment so that I can read yours
Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to – leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog. res ipsa loquitur.
2. Slept under the stars. Field weekend, 1998 – we didn’t have enough tents so I was in the bivvy bag – it was great.
3. Played in a band. It was proper big band music and I loved it!
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. I give what I can afford.
7. Been to Disneyland/world. And we all know how that worked out for me!
8. Climbed a mountain. I had to look them up to check that they count as mountains but I’ve been up a few in the Lake District including the Old Man of Coniston – affectionately known as Kanchenjunga
9. Held a praying mantis. No intention whatsoever.
10. Sang a solo. For real as well as in the bath!
11. Bungee jumped. No way.
12. Visited Paris. loved it.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Does photography count? I tried to teach myself watercolours when I was younger but I was never very good at it – H is the artist in this house.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. I’ve been to Liberty Island on 4 July but the tickets for the top were all sold out.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. smaller than you expect and not that impressive.
20. Slept on an overnight train. I’ve certainly slept on a train a few times but I don’t think it counts – I harbour a secret wish to go on the Orient Express though.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort. Sadly we don’t get that kind of snow – Dad once built us a mini igloo when we were very tiny though.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon. Edinburgh 2005. It has hills. Ouch
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. Maybe I could tie that in with the Orient Express?
29. Seen a total eclipse. I’m counting this as a yes even though to be strictly accurate I have experienced a total eclipse but as it was in England it was cloudy and we had to watch the actual eclipse pictures on the telly. Very beautiful and awe inspiring none the less. We watched from my parents garden which looks out over the bay and saw hundreds of camera flashes and all the ships lights come on as it got dark. Because of the viewpoint we could see out of the total darkness to the south where it stayed light the whole time.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise. Not in the sense of cruise ship – I’ve done a lot of sailing but I don’t think that’s what it means.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. It rained. I was 10 I think. I want to go again with H as it’s one of the few places that he’s never been.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing. Heights and I do not mix. I like land.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. In Florida, with appendicitis, on my honeymoon. enough said!
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Remember no 39 – I was fighting fear on the open air platform at the top. I’m still glad I did it.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class. Judo – I was 10, it was a disaster!!
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. No girl scouts, no cookies – I was in the Brownies though
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Been given flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood. (blood bank not keen on my blood)
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a cheque.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. And it’s not just my childhood toy – my teddy was also my father’s before me.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt. And one of these days I’ll actually quilt it and finish it!
73. Stood in Times Square. On 4 July – the electronic signs all said Happy 4th July
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone. apparently you break your little toe lots of times without really noticing – nothing major though
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible. I’ve read lots of it more than once but I don’t think I’ve got cover to cover yet
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury. It was only very recently that they allowed lawyers to sit on juries – I’d love to see court proceedings from the other side.
91. Met someone famous. Bill Clinton and the Queen. Not on the same day. Clinton was at my old college and the Queen came to help celebrate a special college anniversary – I was in the choir and we were introduced to her. She said she enjoyed our singing.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit. It’s my day job!
98. Owned a mobile phone.
99. Been stung by a bee. On the bottom of my foot. It hurt. A lot.