Family Photography Uncategorized

Siblings 2017: January

15/01/2017

i thought about this I’m most determinedly not making New Year’s Resolutions this year, but if I were, one of them would be to take more effort to get really beautiful pictures of the children.  I take as many snaps as I can and it’s not that I don’t love pictures of them being little monkeys at the park, or making an enormous mess in the kitchen, but I want both my Siblings and Me and Mine photos this year to be a little bit above the ordinary.  If last year was about getting used to working full time once the impact of my full case load really landed, this year is about working out how to run that case load and be with my family  blog and write and make things and everything else that makes me me.  I want to be organised, to take my pictures even just a smidgen before dusk on the 14th of each month, and to show my Kitty, Elma and Pip that even if I cannot be with them for every moment of every day, when I am with them I can at least put the very best of me into saving our family memories.

check over here And so when my diary told me it was the weekend for Siblings photos, photos we were taking. When we left home there was a glimmer of sunshine above us, and just a drop of blue in the sky, but the woods are slightly lower to the ground than our village, and we drove through knee high mist to find the trees still wrapped in a blanket of fog.

my site Space for the Butterflies - Siblings, a photo project for 2017

source site There’s always a through the wardrobe sort of feeling to these woods anyway; they’re really quite near two main roads and yet as soon as you slip between the trees you could be anywhere.  With swirls of cloud clutching at the branches it seemed as though the full car park had lied, and we were the only people ever to have discovered it.  There’s almost an accepted route through the wood, a clockwise circumnavigation, but my favourite walk is the other way, along  a broad sweep through the trees, where brambles and wildernes has been tamed enough to allow a path through.  The pines on either side reach up until you can no longer be sure that they’re not touching the edges of stars; a cathedral of branches with the changeable sky more perfect than any painted ceiling. Space for the Butterflies - Siblings, a photo project for 2017

binära optioner online It’s one of those places that reminds me of my little corner of Devon; where there’s space to reach our with your fingertips until you can stretch no more, but still be a long way from running out of space.

profitable trading signals We walked along the bridleway and made an almost new path through the brambles to get to where we wanted to be, Kitty tried to perch on a tree stump but found that her feet kept on sliding out from beneath her until she very firmly sat down, and the littlest two ran around dancing with the wood nymphs.  After spending a lot of time in recent days helping us tidy the house, and having to sit still and keep neat, we all needed to let them run loose.

best hookup site for india Space for the Butterflies - Siblings, a photo project for 2017

trading fineco My little trio, and it’s on adventures like these, even the little domestic ones, that I can see how solidly they are a trio. At home it’s easy for it to be Kitty and Elma colouring, with Pip playing trains, or Pip and Elma cooking up a storm while Kitty writes little notes to her friends, and while they’re all perfectly happy with those arrangements, and no-one feels left out, it makes the moments when all three play together contentedly something to be treasured.

go to link But when we’re out and about the three of them are one little unit, following Kitty’s lead to start hurdling branches, or Elma when she decides to run down the avenue at her very fastest speed, even if only to stop and hurry back because she’d encountered the littlest puppy I’ve ever seen outdoors being taken for a bounce.

this page Space for the Butterflies - Siblings, a photo project for 2017

official site The thing I noticed in taking their pictures this month is that I no longer have to be quite so close; they’ve grown up enough that I can trust them to do roughly as they’ve been told.  Before Kitty arrived I had two camera lenses, the kit lens it came with and my gorgeous 60mm macro lens, but I rapidly realised that if I wanted to take a photo of more than just her cheek and still be near enough to grab her for any sudden lurches, the 60mm wasn’t going to work.  The lens for most of the last couple of years was a 35mm; dearly loved and incredibly useful but just perhaps not quite as gorgeous as its predecessor.  All of these photos were taken with the 60mm, even with the 35mm in my pocket.

http://tukani.cz/?pimono=opciones-binarias-legal&843=a5 opciones binarias legal Kitty stood on the ground and Elma in front of her clutched Pip around his tummy. and I stepped back.   It turns out that now they are 6, 4 and 2, I can ask them to stand on a tree stump and still nip back far enough for the photo I want.  It all sounds very technical I know, but it’s a milestone in its own way; the first time that I could allow myself that much distance.

binära optioner swedbank They love each other, utterly and completely and no matter who has done what to each other’s lego, silly faces and all.

cash now come operare sulle opzioni binarie Space for the Butterflies - Siblings, a photo project for 2017

have a peek here Pip and Elma were stood on a tree stump with Kitty on the ground behind them, Kitty most determined that her newly missing tooth should feature, when Pip turned back in Elma’s arms to snuggle into her and tell her “luf you [Elma]”.

weblink Space for the Butterflies - Siblings, a photo project for 2017

Oh the sweetness! It was chilly in the woods, and someone had clearly been chopping onions because there was not other explanation.

Space for the Butterflies - Siblings, a photo project for 2017

The sun had been making valiant efforts to break through the cloud as we walked, but as we turned for home, the reinforcements arrived and cast a gentle grey darkness in the depths of the trees as we chased our little trio back to the car; three tiny people who flood my world with colour scampering along.

Two little sisters and their brother, in January:

Space for the Butterflies - Siblings, a photo project for 2017

And now, because it’s a wonderful new year and a brand new start to our fourth year of Siblings pictures, we have two new co-hosts, who I’m sure you’ll already know well, Donna at What the Redhead Said and Natalie at Little Jam Pot Life, as well as Keri-Anne at GingerLily Tea, Amber at Goblin Child, Katie at Mummy Daddy Me and of course the mastermind behind the whole thing, Lucy at Dear Beautiful.  So do go and say hi to all of them, link up your Siblings posts below, and if you’re joining in on Instagram if you use the hashtag #siblingsproject and tag @siblings_project_ we’ll be able to see them too!
The Me and Mine Project

• Reply Lucy 15/01/2017 at 7:42 am

Wow, these photos are definitely far from ordinary, so I’d say you’ve met your own challenge this month. Such beautiful photos of the three of them adventuring together. x

• Reply Carie 15/01/2017 at 11:52 am

Thank you lovely, they are one of my favourite sets of pictures of the three of them – funny faces and all!

• Reply Laura - Dear bear and beany 15/01/2017 at 7:55 am

These are beautiful Carrie, the mist in the background through the trees is just lovely. You have definitely got some wonderful photos of your trio this month, they are gorgeous x

• Reply Carie 15/01/2017 at 11:53 am

It’s always nice when the weather and the backdrop play along isn’t it!

• Reply farmerswifeandmummy 15/01/2017 at 7:56 am

The photos are beautiful 🙂 I love your little boy’s jumper. I think I might try and take dedicated siblings photos too.

• Reply Carie 15/01/2017 at 11:54 am

Oh do – it’s completely addictive and so much fun! Pip’s jumper was from Next this Christmas, and I agree it’s gorgeous!

• Reply Caroline (Becoming a SAHM) 15/01/2017 at 7:58 am

Simply gorgeous Carie, all of them. I love the shots of them running through the woods and the shots of them together at the end, just wonderful. Definitely a good start to your resolution! Xx

• Reply Carie 15/01/2017 at 11:54 am

• Reply Tam 15/01/2017 at 8:27 am

Incredible photos Carie, what gorgeous children xx

• Reply Carie 15/01/2017 at 11:55 am

Aww, thank you very much 🙂

• Reply Lisa (mummascribbles) 15/01/2017 at 8:31 am

These are just stunning! I just love the ones of them running through the woods, little explorers. #siblings

• Reply Carie 15/01/2017 at 11:56 am

Always my little explorers – they love being out and about, especially Pip – he’s never happier than when he’s outside, especially if it involves mud and a stick!

• Reply Leah 15/01/2017 at 10:02 am

Lovely photo’s to remember your memories xx

• Reply Carie 15/01/2017 at 11:56 am

• Reply Natalie @ Little Jam Pot Life 15/01/2017 at 10:24 am

I am loving all the woodland images this month, we love to get out in the fresh air, nature and explore as a family, lovely photos xx

• Reply Carie 15/01/2017 at 11:57 am

You and us both – it’s the perfect cure for Cabin fever!

• Reply Emma Plus Three 15/01/2017 at 11:24 am

These are gorgeous photos. I love photos taken in the woods, the light aways looks so beautiful. i particularly love the second to last one x

• Reply Carie 15/01/2017 at 11:58 am

Me too – I love that it captured them really running!

• Reply Jenny 15/01/2017 at 12:24 pm

OH Carie what STUNNING photos to start the year of siblings off with. The fog added that magical feeling of adventure and mystical fun between siblings. That last close up photo I hope you framed on your wall. Lovely snaps all around. They look like they are having the very much time ever. I say it time and time again but I think these are my very favorite of your siblings posts. #siblingproject

• Reply Carie 15/01/2017 at 1:46 pm

Thank you lovely – the handy tree stump has lined them up an a nice height order so I think it may well be one for the wall when we have a new wall to put it on!

• Reply Jess @ Picnics in the Rain 15/01/2017 at 5:46 pm

Carie these are really stunning photos of your little tribe! xx

• Reply Carie 16/01/2017 at 9:48 pm

• Reply Laura @ Little Ladies Big World 15/01/2017 at 6:52 pm

These are really gorgeous shots and probably some of my favourites of yours ever. And yay to being able to step back, I use a 50mm mostly and it definitely makes a difference being far enough back and not worrying that someone will be flat on their face before you can catch them! x

• Reply Carie 16/01/2017 at 9:49 pm

I thought about getting a 50 but it wasn’t far enough from the 60 (which I had pre children for gorgeous close up shots of knitting) hence the 35 and it’s easy to forget how pretty the pictures are on the 60!

• Reply Gemma 16/01/2017 at 9:52 am

Gorgeous photos – so natural and adorable. I love the photo of them on the tree stump xx

• Reply Carie 16/01/2017 at 9:50 pm

Thank you – we’re lucky to have such a pretty spot so close

• Reply The Reading Residence 16/01/2017 at 10:48 am

Absolutely beautiful photos, they all look so grown up in these! x

• Reply Carie 16/01/2017 at 9:50 pm

I know – I look at them and wonder where my babies went!

• Reply Leslie Rickerby 16/01/2017 at 10:57 am

Aww I love the penultimate shot where they all have their backs to you. Very natural and thats how we see them so often when they are adventuring

• Reply Carie 16/01/2017 at 9:51 pm

Definitely with my three – the love running ahead to see if they can spot a Gruffalo!

• Reply Becky | Spirited Puddle Jumper 16/01/2017 at 11:55 am

I’m loving all these woodland walk siblings shots this month, it’s definitely the time of year for that sort of thing! Pip looks so grown up carie, I feel like I’ve followed you since before his birth and now he looks like a proper little boy- time really does fly! #sibings

• Reply Carie 16/01/2017 at 9:53 pm

It doesn’t help that he’s really tall for his age either – last week someone asked me whether he and Elma are twins – there’s a 20 month gap!

• Reply Hannah | MakeDo&Push 16/01/2017 at 4:09 pm

Such beautiful photos and a lovely story 🙂 I can’t believe how grown up they all look! xx

• Reply Carie 16/01/2017 at 9:54 pm

Thank you 🙂 They’re properly children now – not much babyhood left!

• Reply Lauren Belle du Brighton 16/01/2017 at 11:43 pm

The missing tooth picture cracked me up! As always your words are as pretty as your pictures!

• Reply Melonie K. 18/01/2017 at 12:41 am

Such a sweet little trio. You have a lovely way with words as well. I can see where you’d think someone was cutting onions – that always seems to happen when mamas are trying to take pictures, doesn’t it? 😉

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog today. I appreciate your visit and your kind comment – it’s so nice to “meet” you!

• Reply Sarah 18/01/2017 at 11:19 am

These pictures are amazing – definitely ones to be treasured. There’s something about them that reminds me of Enid Blyton stories – I think it’s a combination of exploring the woods, the girls hats and Pip’s jumper! Whatever it is they’re adorable!

• Reply Laura 19/01/2017 at 9:10 pm

These are beautiful photos!

• Reply Donna 20/01/2017 at 11:16 am

Your photos are stunning – it looks like the best of adventures. Pip looks so much like his Daddy – and you can see how much the children love being together. It’s so nice that they’re getting to be at that equal age where they can just play – without the youngest being left out or not able to join in x

• Reply Louise | Squished Blueberries 21/01/2017 at 5:57 pm

These photos are gorgeous and you always write the most beautiful words to go with them, I feel like I’m reading a novel rather than a blog post. It’s funny you mention the camera lens because I have just purchased my first one apart from the kit lens and I went with the 35mm over the 50mm because of the distance thing. I look forward to a time when I don’t have to be within ‘lunge and grab’ distance! xx

• Reply Ali - We Made This Life 23/01/2017 at 9:28 pm

Absolutely gorgeous photos, I love how natural they are. I have the same aim this year, to take fabulous photos of the children!

• Reply Catie: An Imperfect Mum 24/01/2017 at 9:00 am

Thank you for hosting I am very excited to be taking part in my first siblings project. I don;t know how I’ve missed this, it is right up my street. Love your pictures. I find sometimes those colder days are the best ones to get out. #siblingsproject

• Reply karen@wouldliketobe 24/01/2017 at 12:49 pm

Oh my goodness, how grown up are these 3 now? Its been a while since i have joined in but going to try really hard to join in each month x