The time of year has come again when it falls upon me to cast off every inch of my national stereotype, usually so warmly embraced, and ask for your help. Yes my friends, in my little circle of blogging, it’s awards season, and I would really like your nomination.
Last year I was absolutely blown away to be a MADS finalist, it was far beyond my wildest expectations even to make it to the finals, and it didn’t matter that I was never going to win. Seeing “Space for the Butterflies” up on the big screen along with some incredible co-finalists was a very special moment and not one that I will ever forget.
Which in part makes me perhaps a little bit more embarrassed to be asking for your votes again because I’ve had that chance. But I loved every minute of the MADs; I loved being in a room full of people who also pour their heart and soul into their blogs, some of whom I consider dear friends, and I loved celebrating not just the people who won their categories, but the concept of blogging as a whole. I spent a whole night talking about every blogging topic under the sun and it was awesome.
And I really want to go again.
I think we all look around at the vast number of amazing parenting blogs being written by clever, funny, talented Mums and a few Dads and have one of those moments where we can’t imagine ever getting any votes because the competition is just so awesome (if you don’t I admire your self confidence!) and I truly wish there was a way for everyone to win an award, but for the moment I’m giving myself an inner pep talk and saying please vote for me.
So why would you want to? Perhaps because I pour my heart and soul into this blog, perhaps because you enjoy reading the little stories of our family life and my story of motherhood, because you like the pictures, or the things I make with the children and for the children, because I think blogging is like knitting a jumper, or because you are either related to me, or work with me (in which case it’s not optional!).
Which brings us to the nitty gritty of voting. You don’t have to be a blogger to vote, you don’t have to be in the UK to vote, you just need an email address (that won’t get sent any spam, it’s just to prevent people spamming the voting), and to give me a couple of minutes of your time.
First up we have the MADs (Mum and Dad Blogging Awards). The nomination form is here: http://www.tots100.co.uk/nominate-in-the-2016-mad-blog-awards/
And I would love your nomination for Best School Days, Best Craft and Best Blog Writer
And then we have the BiBs (Brilliance in Blogging Awards). The nomination form is here: http://www.britmums.com/nomination-form-bibs-2016/
And I would love your nomination for Writer, Family and Art, Craft and Design. The BiBs forms ask for my twitter ID (@CariemayMakes) and also for your favourite blog post. I can’t predict which posts are going to turn out to be favourites, but I can tell you which ones were some of my favourites in the past year.
- Why Blogging is Like Knitting a Jumper: http://spaceforthebutterflies.com/2015/12/what-is-blogging-success/
- Five O’Clock Feeling: http://spaceforthebutterflies.com/2015/09/five-oclock-feeling/
- Big Decisions: http://spaceforthebutterflies.com/2015/07/big-decisions/
- How to travel around Europe with three children and a tent: http://spaceforthebutterflies.com/2015/12/how-to-travel-around-europe-with-three-children-and-a-tent/
In Art, Craft and Design:
- How to make a Lunar Eclipse in a Shoebox: http://spaceforthebutterflies.com/2015/09/how-to-make-a-lunar-eclipse-in-a-shoebox/
- Three Crowns for Christmas: http://spaceforthebutterflies.com/2016/01/three-crowns-for-christmas-handmade-for-kitty-elma-and-pip/
- How to make a headband for a nativity sheep: http://spaceforthebutterflies.com/2015/12/how-to-make-a-headband-for-a-sheep-handmade-for-kitty/
Please vote, even if you don’t want to vote for me; I can promise you that it means so much to everyone who is nominated; a minute or so of your time and you might just make someone’s year!